Have you ever wondered what it takes to work on the Animal Training and Presentation team here at Banham Zoo?
Training our animals to demonstrate natural behaviours on stage for our Amazing Animals presentations is not easy. During this experience you will get the opportunity to spend the morning with one of our expert trainers who will take you behind the scenes and introduce you to some of the stars of our presentations. You will also work with some of the animals and watch and participate in some of their positive training methods.
Junior animal trainers aged 8 to 13 years, and adult animal trainers, 14 years and over.
Participants will receive an experience T-shirt, colour photo and a framed certificate to commemorate their time with us.
Some activities may include:
- Diet preparation
- Record the weights of some of the animals
- Test and read the microchip on a certain animal
- Understand how we use the tracking system and find a hidden transmitter
- Test the Amazing Animals microphone (stand on the stage and see how it feels before the guests arrive)
- Prepare the Stage for the Amazing Animals show and help back stage during the presentation
- Learn some of the animal training techniques and see them in action
- Fly an owl during the presentation
Activities may be subject to change on the day due to welfare or operational factors.
The programme of activities is dependent on the capability of the participants; however, where it is possible, reasonable adjustments will be made to try to ensure that all of our experiences are open to all. Please be aware that pregnant women will be unable to take part in any pre-booked experience.