Ever wondered what life at Banham Zoo is like? With our adult and junior keeper experiences you can enjoy a taste of what life is like as a keeper at Banham Zoo!
Our junior keeper experience (morning or afternoon) is available to our younger visitors aged 8 – 13 years. For our older guests aged 14 years and over a full day or half day keeper experience is available.
Both the adult and junior experiences provide an opportunity to work with one of our knowledgeable keepers and a variety of animals in the zoo.
Participants will receive an experience T-shirt, colour photo and a framed certificate to commemorate their time with us.
Some of the full day (adults only) activities may include:
- Make up enrichment and/or food for some of the different primates we have in the collection and clean one of their indoor enclosures
- Prepare nectar to feed to our flock of Swainson’s lorikeets
- Visit our gang of meerkats and feed them
- Meet our Australian paddock animals and get the opportunity to feed the red kangaroos
- Prepare food and feed our group of llamas
Some of the half day activities may include:
- Prepare fruit and arrange it on branches in our Egyptian fruit bat exhibit
- Prepare food, meet our red-footed tortoises and feed them
- Feed our pair of red-bellied lemurs
- Visit the giraffe house, clean their indoor quarters and feed them
Activities may be subject to change on the day due to welfare or operational factors.
The programme of activities is dependent on the capability of the participants; however, where it is possible, reasonable adjustments will be made to try to ensure that all of our experiences are open to all. Please be aware that pregnant women will be unable to take part in any pre-booked experience.