WE ARE CURRENTLY UPDATING THE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS YEARS EVENT, ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN SHORTLY.
Friday 25th May 2018
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Check in Desk open at 4.30pm
Come and join in an evening of fun at Banham Zoo on Friday 25th May and have an unforgettable experience as you spring, stomp, slither or run past some of the world’s most endangered animals!
This is a fantastic opportunity for you and your family to get involved and help raise vital funds for the Zoological Society of East Anglia.
Now in its seventh year, the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife is comprised of two races, the first race kicks off at 6.15pm with the children’s under 13 1.6k Fun Run, followed by the adults (13+) 5k Run at 7.00pm. There will be prizes for the 1st and 2nd in the Children’s 1.6k Fun Run and 1st and 2nd in the adults (13+) 5k Run. There will also be spot prizes in both races.
- Children’s 1.6k Fun Run under 13 – entry fee £7.50 which includes a free spectator ticket per entrant
- Adults 5K Run (13+) – entry fee £10.00
- Additional spectator tickets £5.00
A BBQ and Bar will be on the terrace outside our main restaurant where the presentations will take place after the event.
Before you register please make sure you familiarise yourself with the Rules and Regulations. Please note we are unable to accept runners with buggies into the event due to health and safety reasons.
- 4:30pm Check in desk open
- 6:15pm Children’s under 13 1.6k Fun Run starts
- 6:30pm to 8:30pm BBQ and Bar on the terrace
- 7:00pm Adults (13+) 5K Run starts
- 8:15pm Prize presentations
- 9:00pm Event finish, zoo closes
Gates open at 5.00pm and all runners will need to check in at the Information Desk on arrival at Banham Zoo. Please make sure you bring your runner pack / running numbers with you on the day. All registration fees include entry into the zoo.
If you are not entering a run but would like to come along and show your support to your family or friends, spectator tickets can be purchased online or at the gate on the evening of the run.
- Limited access will be given around the zoo until 9pm when the zoo will be closed
- Spectators will have access to specific viewing areas only for the event
- Banham Zoo and Africa Alive! Season Ticket holders obtain free spectator entry on the night on presentation of their valid membership card at admissions
- If you are purchasing multiple entries, please ensure you arrive together
Fundraise For Us:
We ask you to raise what you can with a target of £50
Once you have registered for the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife, you can start fundraising straight away. Set up your personal fundraising page here and we will support you every step of the way.
Around the world wildlife is fighting for survival, facing threats such as climate change, habitat loss, illegal wildlife trade and conflict with humans. We are losing incredible animals such as pangolins and rhinos, which are hunted and traded in their millions. All funds raised from the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife event will help us to care and conserve some of the most wonderful and critically endangered animals across the world.