Raising Funds for Wildlife Conservation
Friday 25th May
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Come and join in an evening of fun at Banham Zoo on Friday 25th May and have an unforgettable experience as you spring, stomp, slither or run past some of the world’s most endangered animals!
This is a fantastic opportunity for you and your family to get involved and help raise vital funds for the Zoological Society of East Anglia.
Now in its seventh year, the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife is comprised of two races, the first race kicks off at 6:15pm with the children’s under 13 1.6k Fun Run, followed by the adults (13+) 5k Run at 7:00pm. There will be prizes for the 1st and 2nd in the Children’s 1.6k Fun Run and 1st and 2nd in the adults (13+) 5k Run. There will also be spot prizes in both races.
Registration Desk opens at 4:00 pm at the entrance to Banham Zoo and all runners will need to check in on arrival to collect their runners pack. All registration fees include entry into the zoo.
Admissions will be open from 5.15 pm to purchase spectator tickets for £5.00 per person
- Children’s 1.6k Fun Run under 13 – entry fee £7.50 which includes a free spectator ticket per entrant
- Adults 5K Run (13+) – entry fee £10.00
- Additional spectator tickets £5.00
You will need to enter ONLINE by clicking on our link below. Before you register please make sure you familiarise yourself with the Rules and Regulations. Please note we are unable to accept runners with buggies into the event due to health and safety reasons.
Registration Desk opens at 4:00pm at the entrance to Banham Zoo and all runners will need to check in on arrival to collect their runners pack. All registration fees include entry into the zoo.
Fundraise For Us:
We ask you to raise what you can with a target of £50
Once you have registered for the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife, you can start fundraising straight away. Set up your personal fundraising page here and we will support you every step of the way.
Around the world wildlife is fighting for survival, facing threats such as climate change, habitat loss, illegal wildlife trade and conflict with humans. We are losing incredible animals such as pangolins and rhinos, which are hunted and traded in their millions. All funds raised from the Zoological Society of East Anglia’s Run for Wildlife event will help us to care and conserve some of the most wonderful and critically endangered animals across the world.
- 4:00pm Check in desk opens for runners to collect their entry pack and it is advisable to arrive early due to the volume of people that will be entering
- 5.15pm Admission opens to purchase spectator tickets
- 6:15pm Children’s under 13 1.6k Fun Run starts
- 6:30pm to 8:30pm BBQ
- 7:00pm Adults (13+) 5K Run starts
- 8:15pm Prize presentations
- 9:00pm Event finish, zoo closes
If you are not entering a race but would like to come along and show your support to your family or friends, spectator tickets can be purchased at admission from 5.15pm on the evening. Spectator tickets cannot be purchased in advance of the event.
- Limited access will be given around the zoo until 9pm when the zoo will be closed
- Spectators will have access to specific viewing areas only for the event
- Banham Zoo and Africa Alive! Season Ticket holders obtain free spectator entry on the night on presentation of their valid annual / 2 year pass at admissions