Have you ever wondered what it takes to work on the Animal Training and Presentation team here at Banham Zoo?
During this experience you will get the opportunity to spend the morning with one of our expert trainers who will take you behind the scenes and introduce you to some of the animal stars of our Amazing Animals presentations.
The Junior Animal Trainer experience is available for children aged 8 to 13 years, and the Adult Animal Trainer experience is for 14 years and over.
Participants will receive an experience T-shirts, a certificate of participation and a copy of all your photos to take home!
Some activities may include:
- Diet preparation
- Record the weights of some of the animals
- Test and read the microchip on a certain animal
- Understand how we use the tracking system and find a hidden transmitter
- Test the Amazing Animals microphone (stand on the stage and see how it feels before the guests arrive)
- Prepare the Stage for the Amazing Animals show and help back stage during the presentation
- Learn some of the animal training techniques and see them in action
- Fly an owl during the presentation
Activities may be subject to change on the day due to welfare or operational factors.
The programme of activities is dependent on the capability of the participants; however, where it is possible, reasonable adjustments will be made to try to ensure that all of our experiences are open to all. Please be aware that pregnant women will be unable to take part in any pre-booked experience.
*Please note, during peak season, our experience are booked up several weeks in advance. To avoid disappointment we recommended contacting us more than three weeks ahead for any requested experience dates.