Due to government guidelines and restrictions, this experience will not be available until the 17th May 2021. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
With our adult and junior keeper experiences you can enjoy a taste of what life is like as a keeper at Banham Zoo!
Adult Keeper Experience
This amazing experience provides an opportunity to work with one of our knowledgeable keepers and a variety of animals at the zoo and is available as a half day experience for guests aged 14 years and over.
Participants will receive an experience T-shirts, a certificate of participation and a copy of all your photos to take home.
Some of the adult activities may include:
- Make up enrichment and/or food for some of the different animals we have in the collection and clean one of their indoor enclosures
- Visit our gang of meerkats and feed them
- Meet our Australian paddock animals and get the opportunity to feed the red kangaroos
- Feed and clean flamingos, sheep and sitatunga.
- Meet the maned wolves
Junior Keeper Experience (Afternoon)
Children with a passion for animals will love our fantastic junior keeper experience where they will get the opportunity to get closer to the wild! This experience is available to our younger guests aged 8- 13 years.
Our junior keepers will receive an experience T-shirt, a certificate of participation and a copy of all your photos to take home.
Some of the junior keeper experience half day activities may include:
- Visit the giraffe house, clean their indoor quarters and feed them.
- Make up enrichment and/or food for some of the different animals we have in the collection and clean one of their indoor enclosures.
- Prepare nectar to feed to our flock of Swainson’s lorikeets.
- Meet the maned wolves.
Activities may be subject to change on the day due to welfare or operational factors.
The programme of activities is dependent on the capability of the participants; however, where it is possible, reasonable adjustments will be made to try to ensure that all of our experiences are open to all. Please be aware that pregnant women will be unable to take part in any pre-booked experience.
*Please note, during peak season, our experience are booked up several weeks in advance. To avoid disappointment we recommended contacting us more than three weeks ahead for any requested experience dates.