The government has made it mandatory for customers who visit shops in England to wear face coverings from 24th July 2020.
We have highlighted below some key points to help you understand what you need to know about this change at Africa Alive and Banham Zoo
- The guidelines make it clear that our teams in both our shop and restaurants will not be required to wear face coverings, however they will still be wearing protective visors.
- Customers can remove their face coverings to consume food and drinks in our restaurants. Hand sanitisation facilities are available throughout the park and in the restaurants.
- Face covers will be available for purchase at the admission kiosk on entrance to the zoo @ £1 for each adult, all children will be provided with them free of charge with an accompanied adult
- Children under the age of 11 are exempt BUT please we will provide children with a mask if they wish to wear one, free of charge, when with an accompanied adult.
- All our visitors will need to wear these masks when going inside our shops and when ordering inside our restaurant.
- The government have clearly stated the liability for wearing a face coverings lies with the individual. (Please note that some members of the public are exempt from wearing face coverings due to health reasons)
- We will continue to follow the government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene within our parks and within our teams.