Coronavirus and your visit to Banham Zoo
Don’t forget, both members and non-members are required to pre-book zoo tickets online prior to visiting.
Our priority is the safety of our visitors, our animals and our staff. And as before, we continue to have lots of Covid safety measures in place to make sure everyone has a safe, fun and relaxed day out with their families. We ask that visitors please read and acknowledge the below changes before their visit:
- Advanced booking only – Both members and non-members must pre-book their tickets and a timeslot online prior to arrival. Tickets can also be purchased from within the car park with free Wi-Fi available.
- Hand washing and sanitising points are available for visitors on entry.
Inside the zoo:
- Please be aware that the Safari Roadtrain and Lemur Encounters will not be operating this summer. This will allow for extra educational talks outside for guests around the zoo and protect our visitors from being in close proximity without protection.
- “Parkside Pizza” and “The Glade” restaurants have indoor seating available for visitors who wish to dine in.
- A max of 10 visitors may enter the Banham Zoo Gift Shop at one time. A member of staff will grant you entrance into the shop when sufficient space is available. Masks must be worn in all indoor areas.
- All ZSEA staff and volunteers have been issued with PPE, including face masks, to wear whilst indoors. Guests are politely asked to also wear face coverings whilst indoors and signage around the parks will remain in place to remind all.
- Over 30 points of hand washing and hand sanitiser points throughout the zoo. These will be checked regularly and replenished as required.
Preventing pinch points:
- Markings in place all around the zoo with blocked off areas especially around key enclosures to prevent crowding. Some animal viewing areas have one-way systems will have a sign displaying max persons at any point.
- Separate entrances and exits for the Gift Shop.
- Safe distance signs and floor markings to help people social distance at all times.
- Cashless payments only throughout the zoo and at new pop up food outlets.
- Safety screens, masks and face shields for staff at entrance gates, restaurants and shops
- Entry to the zoo will be staggered hourly, so pre-booking an arrival time slot is essential
Thank you to everyone who has supported us by donating, fundraising, sponsoring, joining as a member and much, much more – you are helping to care for our animals and protect endangered species around the world.
See you soon!
Any member who had a valid annual pass on 1st January 2021 will receive a 3-month extension to their pass; this will be added onto your account automatically. To say thank you for your continued support each member will also receive an additional 5% on top of the current 10% discount at gift shops and main restaurants at both ZSEA Zoos (for a total of 15% off) from 12th April – 1st July 2021.
Those who pre-purchased tickets for the dates of 1st January 2021 – 12th April 2021, can redeem their visit on any day from when we reopen to the public on 17th April until 30 June 2021. No need to rebook, just quote the original booking number at the kiosk.
If you are a member of any of the following attractions & zoos, please contact your attraction for your Banham Zoo discount code.
- Amazona Zoo
- Jimmy’s Farm
- Linton Zoo
- Paradise Wildlife Park
- Raptor Foundation
- Sea Life Gt Yarmouth
- Shepreth Wildlife Park
- Thrigby Hall Wildlife Gardens
- Woodside Wildlife Park
- Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure
- Pleasurewood Hills
Please note: Discount is exclusively for members of these attractions. Please book pass holder and non-pass holders separately. Valid passes for the corresponding attraction must be shown at admission to ensure smooth entry to the zoo.
Any member of the NHS or those with a Blue Light or Defence Discount Card will have 10% off their ticket price for their entire family group. This only applies to day ticket.
Blue Light/NHS – At Checkout, Enter Discount Code BLUE21
Forces – At Checkout, Enter Discount Code FORCES21
You will need to show identification to prove your NHS, Blue Light Card, Defence status at admission to ensure smooth entry to the zoo
Tickets only need to be purchased for those who are to be paid for. Blue Peter badge child(ren) do not require a ticket but will need to bring their badge and ID card for admission.
Tickets only need to be purchased for those who are to be paid for. Visitors using complimentary tickets do not need to pre-book and can arrive with the rest of the party.
All that is needed for arrival at admission is the booking reference number and the name of the booker.
Gift vouchers/cards can be used to prebook a visit. However, they can only be used by prebooking over the phone and not online. Please call Guest Services on 01953 887771 option 2 to book.
The admissions arrival time is not the length of time of your visit. This is purely an entry time only. Once through admissions, guests can spend as much time as they like in the zoo up until closing.
Guests can return to their car during their visit, they just need to show a receipt or booking reference to staff at admissions