Frequently asked questions
We know that you may have questions about the recent changes to the zoo. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of our top FAQs to help make your experience as easy as possible. If you can’t find the answer to your question below, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
Currently we are open in Tier 4, due to a statutory instrument passed in parliament which allows zoos to be open in tier 4.
- Our opening times for both zoos are 10am - 2pm each day until 30th January 2021, subject to change.
- Tickets numbers in Tier 4 have been limited at each zoo, in order to help us keep you and our colleagues safe
- You can only attend with your own household up to a maximum of 6 people.
- Indoor spaces and animal exhibitions remain closed.
- Hot drinks and light snacks can be purchased at one point in each zoo but indoor seating is closed.
- Our retail shop and guest services buildings are closed.
If you have prebooked an animal experience and now need to rearrange in either zoo, please email email@example.com with your preferred date at any point within the next 12 months.
Unfortunately we cannot offer any animal experiences whilst in TIER 4
If you have prebooked a timed entrance slot and the zoo is no longer open as new restrictions have been brought into place, please note you can use this original booking reference number and come at any point to your selected zoo before 30 June 2021.
We are unable to accept Christmas trees this year due to avian influenza and the COVID pandemic but thank you for your support.
If you have any query regarding your membership or renewal of your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for either Africa Alive or Banham Zoo and a member of the team will reply directly within 48 hours.
If you wish to support the zoo and buy a membership, please purchase a voucher which can commence any time.