The Zoological Society of East Anglia (ZSEA) is the dynamic conservation and education charity that leads Banham Zoo and Africa Alive!
For over 50 years the zoos have sought to amaze and inspire guests who visit, providing wonderful, memorable days out and to share unique experiences with their families, friends and loved ones.
The creation of ZSEA in 2013 meant that the zoos could secure their long term futures and have a greater purpose than just being successful visitor attractions. Any surplus funding generated at the ZSEA zoos is directed to supporting and implementing the charity’s objectives.
Our world will be a haven for wildlife and people
Connecting communities to nature for conservation
- To strengthen our commitment to conservation through collaborations, networking and training activities to measurably improve national and global biodiversity.
- To educate about nature, in nature, and for nature to foster engagement with the natural world.
- To enable Africa Alive! and Banham Zoo to empower people to make positive changes in their lives and local communities by promoting the connections between nature and well-being.
Our 5 Year Pledge
By 2025 ZSEA will ensure that:
- 15 species are safer from extinction.
- 15,000 individuals will experience improved well-being.
- 150,000 people are better connected to nature.
Below you are able to download and view our annual reports (PDF format):
You can find out more about the work of the Zoological Society of East Anglia and show your support by liking our Facebook Page.